[mythtv-users] Cannot watch migrated recordings from UPnP Client

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 21:38:16 UTC 2012

On Nov 11, 2012 10:28 AM, "Nick Rout" <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 11, 2012 8:53 AM, "R KANNAN" <rk111810 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I switched my backend+frontend to a newer machine and independently set
up  the new backend.

> > I copied the recordings from the old machine to the new machine and
updated the database as per..

> > http://www.mythpvr.com/mythtv/tips/migrate-recordings.html
> >
> > I got one error message from mysql saying...
> >
> > ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 44: Duplicate entry 'WWJ-HD-2012-11-12
20:00:00-How I Met Your Mother' for key 'PRIMARY'

> > Not sure what caused it.
> >
> > Two issues with these recordings:
> >
> > 1) I can watch the recordings in the frontend but I cannot see them
over UpNP. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that there is a delay
before the new recordings are presented to the UPnP clients that can be
changed. I am not sure if this is the problem here.

> > 2) The thumbnails for the recordings do not show up in mythweb whereas
the freshly recorded programs have the thumbnails. I had the *.png files
copied over as well.  They show up in the local frontend fine.

> > Also, how do I change the backend log level from mythweb or
mythbackend-setup GUI. I see from mythweb it is set to zero. But i don't
remember what the setting for seeing the log from 'mythweb'.

> > Thanks
>
> I suspect you went about this the wrong way. You probably should have
backed up your database from the old system and restored it to the new one.
See http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore . Also look at
the stuff on that page about what happens if you Change the hostname.

Oh and if you read the page you referenced all the way to the bottom
including the comments you'll see it as probably a mistake to have used
those instructions.