[mythtv-users] MythTV does not handle daylight savings properly

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 12:50:49 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 4:10 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> And no, the answer is not to stop staggering the showings (more
> generally any event that is currently staggered) because given the
> preference that (most) people have to planning their activities around
> daylight and night-time, when things happen for people are timed (more
> or less, seasonal change notwithstanding) according to when it's light
> and when it's dark, so events still need to be staggered across the
> east/west.

And, to further bring it back to PVRs (and our favorite, MythTV)...
While I will watch "event TV" live, it tends to not be staggered,
and I no longer watch most TV live.  I do not care if it is broadcast
at 8pm or 5pm.  Until recently, on the left coast of the US,
many of the cable HD broadcasts of cable networks I get were
from the right coast feed.  Who cares when the networks
broadcast the content?  You should be able to watch the content
you have paid for when you want to watch it.  Should you
choose to watch "60 Minutes" at 7pm, you should be able to,
but I see no reason I should not be able to watch it at 5:21pm
should I choose to.

Gary