[mythtv-users] Is it possible add delay to sound?

Richard peper03 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 20:06:30 UTC 2012

On 31/10/12 22:39, IsmoT wrote:
>  >I used to have a similar issue to what you are describing. I had to keep
>  >adjusting the sound synchronization. Then on a seemingly unrelated
> issue I
>  >came across this link:
>  >
>  >http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frame_display_timing
> <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frame_display_timing>
>  >
>  >My frontend was using usleep for its timing during playback but then I
> got
>  >the real time clock (RTC) device configured so Myth could run with it and
>  >now the playback is fully synchronized.
>  >
>  >Hope it helps.
>  >
>  >-Marco
>

> Thanks for a great link. I tried to setup RTC, but I get following error:
>
> VSYNC: RTCVideoSync: Could not set RTC frequency, Inappropriate ioctl
> for device.
>
> No matter how I set permissions for /dev/rtc or what value I set for
> max-user-freq.
>
> It is not myth problem as I can see it on mplayer log too.
>
> Anyone ideas how to fix this?

Creating these two files worked for me:

/etc/udev/rules.d/10-rtc.rules
------------------------------
# "rtc0" may be "rtc" depending on whether /dev/rtc and/or /dev/rtc0 exists
KERNEL=="rtc0", MODE="0664"
KERNEL=="hpet", MODE="0664"

/etc/sysctl.d/60-max-user-freq.conf
dev.hpet.max-user-freq=2048

I couldn't get it to work until I fiddled with the 'hpet' stuff.  I'm
guessing it depends on your motherboard but whatever it was, it works
now for me.

Richard.