[mythtv-users] Varying data formats during digital reception

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Nov 5 16:00:41 UTC 2012

On 05/11/12 14:37, Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida wrote:
> On Saturday 03 November 2012, Mike Perkins wrote:
>>
>> The question is: What changes are being made to mythtv to cope with the
>> fact that the bitrate, framerate, resolution, etc of any recorded file may
>> change from instant to instant?
>
> Last Saturday I updated to 0.26 (mythbuntu system with an old nvidia card ==>
> nouveau, opengl, no vdpau) and since then I have been "trying to understand"
> why the frontend sometimes hangs. The files are ok for vlc, but mplayer does
> not like them.
>
> The problem happen when some new programs start and I was ready to blame the
> broadcaster, but reading this information I realised that the problem seems to
> happen exactly when the program changes from wide to 4:3, something that
> happened in 0.25 without problem.
>
> Is there a possible relation? I can try to cut a sample with the problematic
> passage.
>
> Regards
>
> ZP

I would think it's very likely.  The various players probably look at
different places in the recording to identify the streams that are present.

If you can create a series of cutpoints using the MythTV editor you may
be able to get a usable version using this.  It needs only a seektable
based on valid keyframes.  I haven't had occasion to use it recently and
it used mythconfig.txt, which is no more.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythpycutter

John P