[mythtv-users] show pops up End of Recording but plays through Mythweb

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 23:37:26 UTC 2012

Wanted to watch a show that's been transcoded to mp4, a user job we
use frequently.

However, when we go to play this particular episode with Watch
Recordings, it plays about a second and then kicks up the End of
Recording, Delete It Save It screen, so we can't play the episode.
It's a 1.2 gig file.

Out of curiosity, I went mythweb and was able to get the episode
playing with the flowplayer.

Why would it play in Mythweb and not the internal player? Again, this
transcode job has been used successfully hundreds of time since 2011.

When I go to play the episode with the internal player, this is what pops up:

Nov  3 19:34:44 buster mythlogserver: mythfrontend[23641]: I
CoreContext tv_play.cpp:403 (StartTV) TV: Entering main playback loop.
Nov  3 19:34:44 buster mythlogserver: mythfrontend[23641]: I
CoreContext mythrender_vdpau.cpp:588 (CheckOutputSurfaces) VDPAU:
Added 2 output surfaces (total 4, max 4) and then the End of Recording
message pops up.

Myth .26

Any ideas?