[mythtv-users] Music DNLA SG

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Fri Nov 2 19:53:45 UTC 2012

On 02/11/12 08:53, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 02/11/12 02:57, Mitchell Gore wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 6:37 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net
>> <mailto:J.Pilk at tesco.net>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 01/11/12 23:21, Mitchell Gore wrote:
>>
>>         whoops...meant upnp i think....
>>

>>         On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 6:07 PM, Mitchell Gore
>>         <mitchell.gore at gmail.com <mailto:mitchell.gore at gmail.com>
>>         <mailto:mitchell.gore at gmail.__com
>>         <mailto:mitchell.gore at gmail.com>>> wrote:
>>
>>              Where do you configure the Music directory that shows up on
>>         the DNLA
>>              server?  I dont see a storage group for it.
>>
>>              Thanks,
>>              Mitchell
>>

>>     Frontend Setup > Media Settings > Music Settings > General Settings
>>      > Directory to hold music
>>
>>     My Panasonic TV displays file names but won't play.
>>
>>     John P
>
>> > Thats confusing...my music lives on the backend.  So I assume I
>> refer to
>> the location of the files on the backend?
>
> We've just been through a MythArchive-and-Storage-Groups chase. That
> might carry over to here.  Paul H did much of the work for both MA and
> MM. See:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/532029#532029

MythMusic doesn't support storage groups, actually the music player does
it's just the file scanner and the UI stuff like finding the cover art
that doesn't support SG's. I did have a patch that added most of the
support for them minus the file scanner part but I think git ate it :(.
It never got committed because it made the UI run like a slug on prozac :(

Paul H.