[mythtv-users] MythMusic - Is there a simple way to just tell it to play an album?

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Fri Nov 2 19:44:22 UTC 2012

On 02/11/12 17:59, Gordon McCrae wrote:
> On 02/11/12 17:46, Chris Lewis wrote:
>>

>> No I must be stupid.  If i create a play list for a whole album how
>> do i tell mythmusic to just play it!
>>
>> Chris
>>

> He actually updated the code so that you could do things like this
> SLIGHTLY more intuitively.

He being me.

> 1) Press "M" for menu.
> 2) Select "Switch View"
> 3) Select "Playlist Editor - Tree"
> 4) Use the Cursor keys to move down to "Artists"
> 5) Press "Right Arrow" to move over to the list of Artists.
> 6) Move up and down the list using the cursor keys until you find the
> Artist you want.
> Once you find the desired Artist, you can Press "Enter" and it gives
> you the option to "Replace tracks" or "Add tracks" to the current
> playlist, which will automatically start playing.
> 7) If you want to pick a particular Album, then press "Right Arrow" to
> move into the next column.
> 8) Press "Down Arrow" to move down to "Albums"
> 9) Scroll through the list of Albums until you find the one you want.
> 10) Once you find the desired Album, you can Press "Enter" and it
> gives you the option to "Replace tracks" or "Add tracks" to the
> current playlist, which will automatically start playing.
>
> Obviously no where near as simple as the old MythMusic, but slightly
> better than having to find stuff otherwise.

I must be going senile I thought that is how it worked from day one? You
can of cause browse your way through the music tree anyway you want
something the old interface never allowed. So you could go Artist->Dire
Straits->Genre->Live or Genres->Classic Rock->Ratings->8 Stars or
Compilations->Albums->Now 56 or ...

> It's especially a pain if you have a long list of artists, as their
> listed in alph order, so a lot of scrolling is required.

The buttonlist search works well for me but that is something that could
be done better. I'm open to sensible ideas :)

> I read somewhere that there will be further "improvements" in 0.26,
> but I've not been able to try it as it's not available for OpenSuSE as
> a package yet on packman.

There was only a few tweaks to the UI and the streaming radio stuff
added. I hope I'm wrong but Myth has a feeling of a project in the death
throws to me seems like the remaining devs have lost interest so doubt
there will be much more progress made to MythMusic. Doesn't help that
two of the most prolific devs Mark and Robert have left :(

> Once again, not wanting to get into the MythMusic argument.

Do you want your money back :)

> Cheers
> Gordon

Paul H.