[mythtv-users] Lossless cut error - last video segment not included in resulting video file

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Thu Nov 1 19:41:51 UTC 2012

> During my investigation it was noticedthat
> these recordings could be that kind of compression with an mpg file. It was the only thing that
> stood out with these files otherwise they played fine even after
> extraction from the archive. This is still an outstanding issuewhich is
> mentioned on the wiki's Known Limitations section.

As mkvmerge split is timecode based..could there be timecode
discontinuities in the problem recording files..This is valid for ts
files & mkvmerge could just be honouring the timecodes.
i.e. part way thru' recording the PTS value reset or roll over.
The player is meant to handle this.

When you join mpeg files with "cat", they play okay but the timecodes
are discontinuous.

Is there a sample available to play with?

Brett