[mythtv-users] Lossless-cut Not Ubuntu

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Thu Nov 1 17:04:52 UTC 2012

Stile,
     Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. Your bug report
revealed two issues :  (1) The source tar package did not contain a
number of new files added to the last release. (2) For completely new
installs  the automatic creation of a lossless_cut.cfg file causes a
script abort. Both of these issues have been fixed with release v0.1.6,
please download source package 7 (v0.1.6) and give Lossless Cut another
try. I also added the expansion of the tilde character if it is used
with a "-f" file path.

I downloaded the new source package 7 (v0.1.6) and followed the Wiki
source install instructions ending in a --test run and it all works now
including the "~" path addition.

I can assure you that Lossless Cut works well with HDPVR recordings as
that is the only recording device I have;) Occasionally I have seen
HDPVR recordings that cannot be accurately cut but in each case this is
due to some corruption (minor or major) in the original mpg video file.
If you manually edited these same mpg files with Avidemux v2.5x you
would experience the same issues.

Thanks again

Doug