No subject

Thu May 17 19:07:19 UTC 2012

So yes, on those machines I would recommend using this 32 bits build. Or
you could use a universal build and force 32 bits mode.
I found that using the carbon version (with Quartz video) doesn't help at
all.
Interestingly, on a new i5, i7 versions, 64 bits runs quite a bit faster
than the equivalent 32 bits code, almost 14% more fps on the same media

> If so, should we create a new profile with no processing, as is
> described in the ticket, or should we just use VDA Normal?
>
> VDA doesn't do interlaced video properly, at best it plays crap, at worse
you get a kernel panic... So if your primary intent is to play interlaced
video, no point in select a VDA profile.

--001636c5bac67076ff04c2287436

gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-=
left:1ex"><br>
Hi Jean-Yves,<br>
Would you recommend this build for all older (Core 2 Duo) macs?<br>
core 2 duo runs faster than 64 bits..</div><div>So yes, on those machines I=
 would recommend using this 32 bits build. Or you could use a universal bui=
ld and force 32 bits mode.</div>
help at all.</div><div>Interestingly, on a new i5, i7 versions, 64 bits run=
s quite a bit faster than the equivalent 32 bits code, almost 14% more fps =
gin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
If so, should we create a new profile with no processing, as is<br>
described in the ticket, or should we just use VDA Normal?<br>
plays crap, at worse you get a kernel panic... So if your primary intent is=
 to play interlaced video, no point in select a VDA profile.=A0</div>

--001636c5bac67076ff04c2287436--