[mythtv-users] Transcode UK Terrestrial HD content.‏

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu May 31 22:17:46 UTC 2012

On 31/05/2012 11:11, Rob Sones wrote:
> A little help please.
>
> This is a little long, sorry, but I wanted to provide the relevant info.
>
> I am unable to run mythtranscode on any HD content that I have recorded.
> I have tried with Mythtv 0.24 and 0.25 with the same result.
> I am using a TBS6284 DVBT2 card with the most recent driver. This is the
> first time I have used this card.
> It's running on a new 64 bit Fedora 16 build.
>
> I am able to transcode SD TV without problem, just HD that is giving me
> a headache.
> I can... play the HD recordings on mythfrontend, vlc and mplayer, I can
> also transcode in avidemux (2.6) and HandBrake (4474).
> I want to be able to transcode so as to cut adverts and make the
> recording accessible to a WDTV Live.
>
> Any help would be appreciated, I've tried everything I can think of but
> I still haven't isolated the problem.

I don't think I can help, but just to say I transcode BBC HD stuff
often. Admittedly it's off freesat not freeview, but I think they
encode video the same on both. (They encode audio differently, but
not video). Most of the errors you report are commonly seen, but
not the failure to find a frame. Very strange.

P.