[mythtv-users] Anyone using/upgraded to Fed17 for Myth yet?

Eric Smith erictsmith at gmail.com
Thu May 31 18:31:01 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Mark <markhsa at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Experiences or feedback?
>
> You may want to ask on the RPM Fusion mailing list. I do maintain
> packages for F17 and rawhide so chances are someone has installed
> them...
>
> Richard

I did a complete rebuild this weekend moving my database to a ssd and
upgrading from f14 to f17.  For the most part the upgrade was smooth
and myth seems to be running well.  (The upgrade to ssd made a huge
difference for me).  I have two outstanding issues only the 2nd is
probably truly a f17 issue.

1. Somehow during my initial setup I created a user mythttv with an
extra t typoed.  I thought no big deal, I'll just rename the user when
I'm done.  Nope, when I try to rename it, it tells me the user mythtv
already exists.  (Eh?)  This caused some issues I had to work through
with making sure permissions were correct for the user mythttv.  (Not
necessarily a f17 issue, but with the upgrade, mythbackend is now
being executed by mythtv (the user that shouldn't exist?) and not by
root as it has been for me for many years.  While I'm sure this is a
"good thing" it did add to my permissions issues I had to work though.

2. f17 comes with php 5.4 which doesn't seem to play well with
mythweb.  I found one post referencing the issue but haven't been able
to come up with a fix yet short of downgrading to php 5.3.