[mythtv-users] Program not showing up in 'Upcoming Recordings' in Mythweb , RECORDID=6 ?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu May 31 08:49:43 UTC 2012

On 30/05/12 22:33, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Note, also, that I found out that another reorder happened since the one I
> mentioned above, so in 0.25-fixes and above, the proper index is 20 and in
> 0.24-fixes it's 18. I've backported the change to both affected fixes branches,
> so you'll pick up the proper order next time you pull an updated package.

As a programmer (albeit semi-retired) I've always understood it to be
non-optimal to have "magic numbers" in one's code to avoid precisely the problem
Mike is fixing above.

Shouldn't these values be put in a release-dependant header file somewhere, so
that any changes like this become transparent?

Or can't this kind of substitution be done for web source?

--

Mike Perkins