[mythtv-users] Interrupted commercial detection

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed May 30 14:19:35 UTC 2012

On 05/30/2012 04:26 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Is anybody else seeing the commercial detection being interrupted a
> lot in recent 0.25-fixes?
>
> From the gut I'd say that in 1 of 4 cases the job stops with "decoding
> error eno: Input/output error (5)". It's not an intermittent issue,
> re-running the detection job stops at the same point. It usually
> happens while in the 90%ies. It *could* be at the place where I
> usually have frame drops that have been reported at lot, during
> program changes or starting another recording. But that's rather
> guessing. I also have "AFD: Unknown audio decoding error" during the
> detection, but those don't seem to do any harm.
>
> This never happened before in years for me, and it didn't happen right
> after upgrading to 0.25 either.

There's a "known" issue (with an unknown cause) that results in
"near-real-time commercial detection" hitting the end of the file.  If
you either disable "Start auto-commercial-detection jobs when the
recording starts" in mythtv-setup or re-run commercial detection after
the recording finishes, detection should be as reliable as it was in
0.24-fixes.

Mike