[mythtv-users] What is being worked on for 0.26?

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Wed May 30 00:13:55 UTC 2012

On 30/05/2012 9:59 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tuesday, 29 May 2012, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
>
>     On Tue, 29 May 2012 09:34:31 AM Tom Lichti wrote:
>     > I will rephrase my statement for clarity: "Video is video,
>     regardless
>     > of the source"
>
>     Nope, as the earlier poster said - my TV recordings are ephemeral,
>     filled with
>     adverts which can't be  auto detected (Australia) and massive
>     amounts of
>     pre/post padding (again Australia). I watch them once and delete,
>     if I delete
>     at all. There are thousands of them which will get aut deleted if
>     I don't get
>     round to watching them.
>
>     OTOH, my videos are hand picked high quality, either ripped from
>     my DVD's or
>     brought and kept because I love them and watched over and over -
>     not once offs
>     (or zero offs) at all. Completely different from the mostly pop
>     (but fun)
>     dreck on TV. In no way do I want them merged together.
>     --
>

> This is exactly how I use mythtv.
>
> The torc iPad app allows you to have a combined view. Which I first
> thought: great, this is how it should be done... After using it for a
> little while I found that I treat the content differently. My
> recordings are ephemeral, I know 100% that I will not keep them. If
> there's a recording I like, I will source a video from a DVD. And for
> TV series, they are shows here so late that I would have sourced them
> from the US well in advance.
> It is also much easier for me to find content in split recordings/videos.
>
> Having said that, I'd love for access to recordings to be redone. It's
> a pain to find content that is only a few days old. It's such a pain,
> that if it isn't watched within a week, it will probably never get watch

I think it would be good if the "Watch Recordings" screen worked more
like the "Program Finder", with 1800+ recordings, it can be very time
consuming to scroll down/up to find the series you are looking for,
especially on a remote.  I dont like the concept of merging videos with
recordings, as I think it will make it more difficult to find a specific
movie.