[mythtv-users] What is being worked on for 0.26?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue May 29 23:59:43 UTC 2012

Hi

On Tuesday, 29 May 2012, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:

> On Tue, 29 May 2012 09:34:31 AM Tom Lichti wrote:
> > I will rephrase my statement for clarity: "Video is video, regardless
> > of the source"
>
> Nope, as the earlier poster said - my TV recordings are ephemeral, filled
> with
> adverts which can't be  auto detected (Australia) and massive amounts of
> pre/post padding (again Australia). I watch them once and delete, if I
> delete
> at all. There are thousands of them which will get aut deleted if I don't
> get
> round to watching them.
>
> OTOH, my videos are hand picked high quality, either ripped from my DVD's
> or
> brought and kept because I love them and watched over and over - not once
> offs
> (or zero offs) at all. Completely different from the mostly pop (but fun)
> dreck on TV. In no way do I want them merged together.
> --

This is exactly how I use mythtv.

The torc iPad app allows you to have a combined view. Which I first
thought: great, this is how it should be done... After using it for a
little while I found that I treat the content differently. My recordings
are ephemeral, I know 100% that I will not keep them. If there's a
recording I like, I will source a video from a DVD. And for TV series, they
are shows here so late that I would have sourced them from the US well in
advance.
It is also much easier for me to find content in split recordings/videos.

Having said that, I'd love for access to recordings to be redone. It's a
pain to find content that is only a few days old. It's such a pain, that if
it isn't watched within a week, it will probably never get watch