[mythtv-users] "Migrated" recordings from 0.24 won't stream via HLS

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 29 19:57:30 UTC 2012

On 05/29/2012 03:36 AM, Thomas Pontoppidan wrote:
> During this weekend I finally chose to reinstall my backend - moving
> from an old Fedora install to MythBuntu. For different reasons I
> decided to go against recommendations and not move the entire
> database. I only transferred my recordings following this
> guide http://www.mythpvr.com/mythtv/tips/migrate-recordings.html.

Yes.  Google should be kicked off the Internet for allowing that
ancient, outdated, incorrect, can-corrupt-the-db-data (as it can
completely break your character encoding) post to be #1.

> From a normal frontend the recordings are playing fine, but HLS
> doesn't seem to work - I try to stream to Torc for IOS, but the
> "prepare stream" stays at 0%. If I make a new recording it streams
> fine so I'm guessing some new fields in the recordings table are
> missing? Is there any way to add the missing info (if my assumption is
> correct) to the database?

Best solution is to do a proper restore of your complete pre-upgrade
database and let MythTV Do The Right Thing.

If you decide you want to waste hours re-configuring everything for no
benefit, at least do a proper partial restore:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Partial_restore_of_a_backup
(and take note of
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Partial_restore_when_upgrading_MythTV
).