[mythtv-users] What is being worked on for 0.26?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Tue May 29 15:21:35 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Nasa <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:

> [...]
Couldn't we all take a step back and come up with a better way to tag or
organize the media, and have some sort of dynamic grouping based on that? I
don't think I want my videos mixed with my recordings, but on the same
token, I look at full seasons of, say, Game of Thrones as being more at
home in the Videos section.

Some ideas off the top of my head would be to have views like "permanent"
(movies, tv shows set to never delete), "temporary" (Shows that are set to
auto-delete), and "online" (links to videos on YouTube etc). Want to keep
something forever? Options -> Mark as Permanent.

Just a thought. I see the rest of the world going with tags and
search-driven dynamic descriptions, so why shouldn't MythTV?