[mythtv-users] What is being worked on for 0.26?

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue May 29 13:52:15 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Lindsay Mathieson
<lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 May 2012 09:34:31 AM Tom Lichti wrote:
>> I will rephrase my statement for clarity: "Video is video, regardless
>> of the source"
>
> Nope, as the earlier poster said - my TV recordings are ephemeral, filled with
> adverts which can't be  auto detected (Australia) and massive amounts of
> pre/post padding (again Australia). I watch them once and delete, if I delete
> at all. There are thousands of them which will get aut deleted if I don't get
> round to watching them.
>
> OTOH, my videos are hand picked high quality, either ripped from my DVD's or
> brought and kept because I love them and watched over and over - not once offs
> (or zero offs) at all. Completely different from the mostly pop (but fun)
> dreck on TV. In no way do I want them merged together.

And again I will say, *I* do want them merged. I don't care about your
use case, and you don't care about mine, I'm not sure what we are
arguing about. Unless I rewrite the recordings portion, I won't get
what I want, and you already have what you want.

Having said that, I do have some hacks that do basically what I want,
but if the devs made it work the way I want, in a supported fashion,
then yay! Even better if it can work the way we both want it to, but
I'm not holding my breath.

Whatever happens, my vote is for merged video, but I'll take what I can get.

Tom