[mythtv-users] RFE: Put part-watched recordings at the top of the Watch List

Joey Morris rjmorris at nc.rr.com
Mon May 28 23:40:29 UTC 2012

John Veness <John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk> wrote on Mon, May 28, 2012 at 10:26:10AM +0100:
> On 26/05/2012 19:34, Joey Morris wrote:
> >I've been thinking about something similar, and I want to throw my
> >idea out for discussion as well. I frequently watch recordings across
> >several sittings, so I often need to navigate back through the
> >recordings to find the show I'd started earlier (if I even remember
> >I'd started one). Like Simon, I too would benefit from a convenient
> >list of partially watched recordings.
> [snip]
>
> I too would find a list of partially-watched recordings very useful,
> as I also quite often have two or three partially-watched recordings
> on the go at a time (over several sittings), and it can be awkward
> to remember/find them.
>
> I do use Watch List. I'm not sure if putting partially-watched
> recordings at the top of the Watch List is a good idea, or whether
> instead they should be a separate list called "Partially watched" or
> similar.

I mentioned making the SQL query behind the Watch List
user-configurable as one way to achieve a Partially Watched list, but
my larger idea is to let the user define any number of these "dynamic"
groups. That way you could define Partially Watched as one group, the
Watch List as another group, and anything else you can come up with as
additional groups.

However, Mike is approaching this from a different angle using tags
and filtering, and that sounds promising to me. Hopefully there would
be a tag for Partially Watched (either built-in or user-defined), and
the interface would make it easy to filter the list to the recordings
with that tag.