[mythtv-users] RFE: Put part-watched recordings at the top of the Watch List

Simon Waldman lists at firecloud.org.uk
Sun May 27 11:45:47 UTC 2012

> Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 18:34:40 -0400
> From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
> You guys do know about:
>
> TV Playback/JUMPPREV -> Jump to previously played recording
>
> (defaults to unbound) which will always take you back to the last-played
> recording, or
>
> TV PLAYBACK/PREVCHAN -> Switch to the previous channel
>
> (defaults to 'H'), which will take you to the previously-played
> recording when in recording (non-Live-TV) playback?  It doesn't work in
> TV Frontend context (i.e. Watch Recordings), but you can start playing
> any recording and use the key to go back to the one you were watching
> previously.

I didn't know about those. Do they work across sessions? (ie will it
work two days later when the combined FE/BE has been shut down and
booted a few times)
While they would offer a slight convenience boost if so, they don't
help with "I've forgotten that I was half way through this programme".

> Or, if you don't want to bind a key, MENU|Source|Jumpt to Program|<title
> of show you were previously watching>.

That's exactly the same as just selecting it from Watch Recordings, isn't it?

> As far as the changes/requests, I have some thoughts on how to
> accomplish this type of thing more easily, using tags and some
> improvements for filtering/sorting in Watch Recordings, and plan to
> begin working on that functionality soon.

Interesting - good to hear!

--
Simon Waldman
swaldman at firecloud.org.uk