[mythtv-users] OT: capture hdmi

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri May 25 00:39:56 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 11:32 AM, John Morris <jmorris at beau.org> wrote:
> And I seem to recall that the original arguments for HDCP was it would
> be used to 'protect' premium HD content and not just used for
> everything.  All uses of game play video/images aren't illegal so would
> breaking the protection to record it be a gray area?  Sony's infamous
> stupidity might be an exploitable flaw.  :)

I seem to recall that at least one game manufacturer claimed
that the character (images) were copyrighted, and therefore
might need to be "protected", and any reuse of those
images might be considered infringing in the eyes of their
corporate lawyers.  Your jurisdiction will vary.  Rationality
not included.