[mythtv-users] MythGallery: "Timed out waiting for frames" playing MJPEG

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Thu May 24 22:40:15 UTC 2012

On Tue, 22 May 2012 07:05:28 +0100, Raffaele BELARDI
<raffaele.belardi at st.com> wrote:

> One easy solution would be to move the camera movies under the Video
> directory where the alternative player configuration is honoured.

This is unacceptable to me - it clutters up the videos and loses the
chronology of camera pics/movies.

I've been investigating external apps and this seems to be a common
failing in linux-land - there's plenty of image viewers & video players
but few try to handle both.

I'm going to use xbmc (invoked from Myth menu). It's a bit flashy (I use a
Retro theme with disabled previews) but that's ok for showing photos. I
believe there's a minor issue with videos in one mode but I can browse &
slideshow photos/videos easily enough. And it works!

Regarding Myth, I suppose we should raise a trac ticket and see what
happens to it...