[mythtv-users] Using PVR-350 to record old VCR video

Preston Crow pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net
Thu May 24 21:01:04 UTC 2012

On 05/23/12 18:36, Ben Kamen wrote:
>   I've long since removed my PVR-350 from the  config of the system --
> (ComCast no longer does "analog" ) but would like to transfer some old
> VCR tapes to .mpg format.

What I did was leave it in the configuration, but set the composite
input to connected to a dummy listing that only has channel 1, which I
named "VCR."  Now I can do manual recording through Myth from the VCR,
which works better for me than doing it outside Myth.

I noted that my PVR-250 claims to have three composite inputs, which I
suspect are actually separate chroma and luminance, along with the full
composite, as one is junk and the other is black-and-white.  Be sure you
select the correct input.