[mythtv-users] 0.25 on mac-mini

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu May 24 15:14:26 UTC 2012

On 24 May 2012 03:20, Sean Whitney <sean.whitney at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rereading the email thread I missed Jean's request to open a ticket.  I
> have opened a ticket now #10749 available at
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10749

Try this:
http://www.avenard.org/files/mythtv/mac/MythFrontend-v0.25-105-g6970413.dmg

(will take about 10 more minutes from the time of this post for the
upload to be complete)

Then run mythfrontend with:
Start a Terminal
Go in the folder where MythFrontend.app is located

And start it that way:
./MythFrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/MythFrontend -v audio,playback -O
AllowVDAInterlace=1

Then go into Setup -> Video -> Playback
Select "VDA Normal" in the profile list.

Try playing your HDPVR video again

My guess is that earlier on, you were using the VDA hardware decoder.
In 0.25, interlaced playback is disabled via the VDA decoder  (just
like it is disabled in VLC and XBMC) as it can cause kernel panic
(like BBC HD will seriously crash your mac)...

There's no way your mac would have played a HDPVR stream without
hardware acceleration. Quartz available on a 0.24 build wouldn't have
helped, because Quartz only works on MPEG2 video. Your HD-PVR outputs
H264 only.
So all that search in building a 32 bits build I read earlier is useless.

And for H264 hardware assisted playback: there's only VDA available on a mac.

Jean-Yves