[mythtv-users] Has anybody a working copy of Mythrecipe?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu May 24 08:50:04 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 7:44 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 05/22/2012 12:59 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>
>> I think I may need to seriously look into Gourmet now instead of my
>> current LibreOffice recipe document template...
>

> Hehe, installing it has been on my TODO list for far too long, now.  I did,
> finally, buy a new system and monitor to become my kitchen computer (with
> MythTV and Gourmet), but put deployment on hold because my main TV broke, so
> I'm using the kitchen computer monitor as my TV until I finally decided
> whether to fix or replace the main TV (have decided to try to fix it) and
> get the part I need (should arrive Friday).
>
> Without Gourmet, I've been using text files and vi, so your LibreOffice
> template is quite a step above mine. :)
>
> Mike

I have imagined the kitchen frontend to be a touchscreen for some
time. Something easy to wipe clean, but that I can nudge with a
knuckle or tip of the little finger without putting down the chef's
knife.

The version of gourmet I installed didn't seem that amenable to a myth
style interface, but as someone said, it might be a good basis for a
new interface.

I don't actually have a need of a kitchen frontend as we have an open
plan kitchen/dining/lounge with a 55" TV at one end, very viewable
from the kitchen. Therefore incentive to build the solution is
minimal.

Actually at the moment recipes are a dodgy and largely unreproducible
google search for "recipe venison pie" etc