[mythtv-users] Is SeriesID field of program used for anything?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Thu May 24 05:51:20 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 23.05.2012 09:28, Xander wrote:
> --- On Wed, 23/5/12, Karl Dietz<dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org>  wrote:
>>
>> put the crids into the episode-num element as "crid-seriesid"
> Will do, though probably using "crid-series" and "crid-program" since we don't need "id" twice
> It already does this, just with different names.

sounds good

>> But all that is going to be a hack until we get one central
>> content database, maybe tvbrainz, where we can relate series /
>> seasons / spin-offs / pilot movies to each other across different
>> networks.
> This is why I avoid giving MythTV a program crid when there is season/episode info - and is the source of my problems
> Tvbrainz?

I'm trying to spread the idea of extending Musicbrainz to tv/movie data.
In my opinion it is the only community database with a decent editing
process, detailed enough data model, taking care of licensing issues
and they have already setup a non-profit.

So if any of you know or are a student who would like to work on that
next summer you can apply to do so via summer of code. I'm happy to
support whoever gives it a try with my experiences from setting up my
own guide service.

>> PS: We really should write up something on the xmltv wiki on
>> how to put
>> your guide into the schema so mythtv can get the best out of
>> it. Others
>> can learn so much from the mythtv scheduler / a guide
>> properly prepared
>> to support that scheduler. If you start a new page I can add
>> my stuff
>> later. (e.g. how program_type for series/movie/sports/tvshow
>> works)
> I'm not sure I understand what you want written up and where.

I'm thinking about a best-practice paper style collection of things
that work well in the context of massaging raw data into a guide that
works well for machines (aka MythTV scheduler).

Stuff like "make it the same title and category series to enable
recording the whole series with a single click in the guide".

> AU Freeview (i.e. my grabber) specifically?
no, but it is a good starting point for the various use cases

 > or CRID based in general?
no, but it is a good starting point for the various use cases

 > Schema as in XMLTV schema?
yes, explaining how to model your data into that schema to make it work

 > MythDB schema?
yes, the category movie/series/sports/tvshow example is MythTV specific
(I'd guess its derived from the US data source, but making other guide
look the same works very well)

> XMLTV wiki as in http://wiki.xmltv.org ?
yes

Regards,