[mythtv-users] Bring forward XMLTV times

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Thu May 24 05:36:28 UTC 2012

On 23.05.2012 22:17, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Thanks both, I have 3 different sources and this the only one with
> different times. So I can not fix my local time, I will delay the other
> XMLTV sources.

Hi Josu,

what we are getting at is that all xmltv source *must* be explicit
about their time zone. e.g. timestamps *must* looks like
201205240730 +0200 (now in Germany) or 201205240630 +0100 (now in UK)

Looking at my notes
http://wiki.xmltv.org/index.php/User:Dekarl#Potential_Data_Sources I see
that Phazer was broken in that
regard when I last looked at their data.

MythTV will then do the right thing if you set your XMLTV timezone
setting to "auto". There is no need to change any files. (if that does
not work its a bug and should be fixed :)

My suggestion is to write a grabber for Phazer that know the local time
zone for each channel and fixes their guide (or even better fix it at
generation)

> My other sources has same timezone. I use to execute nightly with cron.

PS: did you look at tv_grab_uk_rt for the BBC channels? They provide
correct times.

Regards,
Karl