[mythtv-users] Hardware Setup Advice

David Crawford davidcrawford83 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 15:41:50 UTC 2012

Thanks a lot for the info..

I'm using a seagate blackarmor NAS 110 at the moment. It actually works
pretty well and has been for some time, but i guess i could do with another
drive or 2 since i have 2 systems and I'm actually thinking of using the
other as a secondary backend if i can mythtv working stable enough.

So my thinking right now is:
OS and database on SSD (is this a must?),
add another internal HDD like seagate pipeline or constellation 2,
split storage between the 2 HDD's and the NAS.

What about transfering the files over to the NAS's to free more space on
the local HDD's? Would that be preferable you think?

David