[mythtv-users] Hardware Setup Advice

David Crawford davidcrawford83 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 13:18:26 UTC 2012

Hi Tony,

I am using the latest .25 version. My storage group setup at the moment is
just the default as i have been testing with other software and reinstalled
mythbuntu recently. I have tried with 2 storage groups though, one on local
hdd and the other on NAS balanced by I/O.

According to mythweb status the system load average seems to be quite high
(like 10) when recording many streams. But on a recent test everything
worked well. However I'm sure there will be problems down the line as I
have another PC setup with windows software with the same hardware and it
encounters problems also when recordng many streams.

It's important that the content is deliverable but I don't have a lot of''
money to spend upgrading the system.

Do you have the OS and database on a separate drive?