[mythtv-users] BGT3600 - Ultimate UK DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 Tuner?

Mark Gardner Mark at thegardners.me.uk
Wed May 23 11:00:59 UTC 2012

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Mark Gardner
Sent: 29 October 2011 08:38
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: [mythtv-users] BGT3600 - Ultimate UK DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 Tuner?

Hello

I've not seen anything on this list about the Blackgold BGT3600 dual
DVB-T2 and dual DVB-S2 card (also supports DVB-C, but that part does not
interest me). http://shop.blackgold.tv/BGT3600

There are no Linux drivers yet, although an eMail from BG support says
'coming November 2011'. I'm not sure that would mean immediate support
in Myth though...

Anyone else considering this card yet?

Cheers

Mark

Six months on....

BGT3600s have been out of stock for months, but recently have available
again.

Linux drivers now seem to be available - second version in fact.

	Linux Ubuntu 11.10 Kernal 3.0.12. Distribution (Binary) for 7231
controller

The first version mentioned just DVB-T2 and DVB-C support - the second
version does not mention such a limitation. Latest email enquiry into
Blackgold seems to have entered a black hole L

I know of one success story with a BGT36xx series tuner (not the 3600)
on DVB-T/T2, but  have not heard one with DVB-S/S2 yet.

Anyone here had any success yet with these tuners in Myth?

Cheers

Mark