[mythtv-users] 0.25-fixes mythmusic "TagLib: Could not open file"

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue May 22 23:44:27 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
> On 22/05/12 22:05, Steven Adeff wrote:
>> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I have:
>>> 13,972 FLAC files,
>>> 69,160 MP3 files,
>>> 24, 338 m4a files.
>>>

>>> previous to your recent patches being included in 0.25-fixes, I tried
>>> the patch from ticket 10721 compiled in (without your other fixes) and
>>> it did not fix the problem.
>>>
>>> I am now currently running
>>> 0.25.0+fixes.20120520.b5b4c48-0ubuntu0mythbuntu1 and I still get this
>>> error.
>>>
>>> Should I attempt to build the package from source with the 10721 patch
>>> on top of the other patches? is there a gdb trace I can run that would
>>> help give you an idea as to what is going on?
>> I've compiled the patch from 10721 into 0.25-fixes and it does not
>> solve my issue of
>>
>> TagLib: Could not open file
>>
>> as an experiment I placed only some of my files in the scan directory
>> and it seems to work, so it does look like an issue with the number of
>> files, but for some reason this patch is not solving it for me?
>>

> Sorry very busy with other projects to spend much time looking into
> this. If you run with -v file does it show anything interesting? Is that
> the exact error message? A quick git grep didn't come back with anything
> in master showing where that error is coming from. Stuart Morgan wrote
> most of the taglib stuff so he is the best person to ask if you can get
> him to listen he just ignores my emails but you might have better luck.

Stuart,

I hope CC'ing you is not a bother.

I'm trying to figure out why I still have issues scanning my library
even with patch 10721 compiled in and installed.

I get these errors:

2012-05-22 19:31:06.418422 I  Reading metadata from /MythTV/music/My
CDs/Various Artists/Savoy Nu Groove Sampler, Volume 2/02 - Saint
Etienne - Savoy Nu Groove Sampler, Volume 2 - Stars Above Us.flac
2012-05-22 19:31:06.418554 E  Could not open file: /MythTV/music/My
CDs/Various Artists/Savoy Nu Groove Sampler, Volume 2/02 - Saint
Etienne - Savoy Nu Groove Sampler, Volume 2 - Stars Above Us.flac
TagLib: Could not open file /MythTV/music/My CDs/Various Artists/Savoy
Nu Groove Sampler, Volume 2/03 - Mudfoot Jones - Savoy Nu Groove
Sampler, Volume 2 - Gotta Hold On.flac
TagLib: Could not open file /MythTV/music/My CDs/Various Artists/Savoy
Nu Groove Sampler, Volume 2/03 - Mudfoot Jones - Savoy Nu Groove
Sampler, Volume 2 - Gotta Hold On.flac
TagLib: Could not open file /MythTV/music/My CDs/Various Artists/Savoy
Nu Groove Sampler, Volume 2/04 - Cal Tjader - Savoy Nu Groove Sampler,
Volume 2 - Minority.flac

and generally, eventually the frontend will crash as well.

Let me know what I can provide, your help is much appreciated!

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!