[mythtv-users] 0.25-fixes mythmusic "TagLib: Could not open file"

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue May 22 21:05:04 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:

>>> I saw you provided a patch for this, going to wait for mythbuntu to
>>> update their daily build and I can verify it's working for me.
>>>
>>> thanks!
>>>

>> TBH I still haven't been able to reproduce the problem with master even
>> with the 3 sample files you provided. I did spot some bugs while looking
>> at the code though. Stuart committed one of the fixes but missed another
>> important one in
>> https://github.com/paul-h/mythtv/commit/6373313d0c9f0ee5ce2f7d71d2ed2fbaba901cfb.
>> I also wonder if  http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10721 may be
>> affecting you as well if you have a lot of flac files.
>>
>> Paul H.
>
> I have:
> 13,972 FLAC files,
> 69,160 MP3 files,
> 24, 338 m4a files.
>

> previous to your recent patches being included in 0.25-fixes, I tried
> the patch from ticket 10721 compiled in (without your other fixes) and
> it did not fix the problem.
>
> I am now currently running
> 0.25.0+fixes.20120520.b5b4c48-0ubuntu0mythbuntu1 and I still get this
> error.
>
> Should I attempt to build the package from source with the 10721 patch
> on top of the other patches? is there a gdb trace I can run that would
> help give you an idea as to what is going on?

I've compiled the patch from 10721 into 0.25-fixes and it does not
solve my issue of

TagLib: Could not open file

as an experiment I placed only some of my files in the scan directory
and it seems to work, so it does look like an issue with the number of
files, but for some reason this patch is not solving it for me?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!