[mythtv-users] no keybinding for toggle playlist action?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 22 16:09:27 UTC 2012

On 05/22/2012 09:45 AM, George Nassas wrote:
> On 2012-05-22, at 8:31 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>
>> It's rather tedious to have to hit M, down, down (or just up), Enter on
>> every item in the Watch Recordings screen to add it to a playlist.  Is
>> Add Playlist not a key-bindable action?
>
> I'm not sure about the bindable part but "/" toggles playlist
> membership for me. Maybe look in the bindings editor for "toggle
> playlist" instead of "add/remove playlist".

It's TV Frontend/NEXTFAV ("Cycle through channel groups and all channels
in the program guide.")

(not TV Playback/NEXTFAV, which has the same default binding--and you
may want to change both if you do change it, just for consistency/to
prevent confusion)

This confusion caused by reusing an already-mapped action with a
different meaning to "reuse" keys in different areas will (eventually)
be fixed by some changes I have planned--to allow us to use specific
action names but still get reuse through "inheritance" of bindings.
Until that's done, though, you have to know/stumble upon it/ask about
it.  :(

Mike