[mythtv-users] are missing recordings automatically re-recorded when available?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue May 22 00:38:21 UTC 2012

On 12-05-21 08:24 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Ah, wait, you're saying there's no "Allow this episode to re-record"
> option in the Playlist Options menu.

Ahh.  Yes, that is indeed the case.  Even if the playlist only contains
a single recording that is has a valid data file, there is no "Allow
this episode to re-record".  So it looks like that feature was never
even considered for playlists.

> Guess we don't have a way of
> allowing it for a group at once--meaning it would be one-by one using
> Schedule Options menu after touching the files.

Yeah.  With the difficulty of finding them all after I've touched the
files given that they won't be marked broken any more.  Perhaps I can do
some playback/recording group operation before so that they are at least
all together.

I don't suppose you want to tell me what "Allow this episode to
re-record" actually does in the database do you?  :-)

b.