[mythtv-users] are missing recordings automatically re-recorded when available?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 21 23:29:33 UTC 2012

On 05/21/2012 07:13 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On 12-05-21 07:06 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> You will need to select whether to allow re-record or not when you
>> delete the invalid metadata.
> But I don't want to delete the invalid metadata.  Right now, the broken
> entries in the FE episode selector instruct me that I am waiting for a
> re-record to happen.  If I delete these broken entries I won't know that
> there are gaps between the episodes that I do have that need to be
> filled in before I can watch the following episodes.

Well, current MythTV isn't designed to manage metadata in Watch
Recordings for recordings without files.

Future MythTV will support it.

If you want to hack around the system and you really want to have a
bunch of missing files slowing down Watch Recordings, you can put all of
the recordings into a recording group ("Missing Files" or whatever),
then "touch" the file for each one, then select that recording group in
Watch Recordings and add the group to the playlist, then use Playlist
Options to choose "Allow this episode to re-record", then go delete the
0-byte files.

Mike