[mythtv-users] Live TV issues with 0.25 and HD-PVR

Mitch Capper mitch.capper at gmail.com
Mon May 21 15:49:35 UTC 2012

One thing you may want to try is upgrading the firmware on your HDPVR.
  I am not sure when the change happened but LiveTV certainly used to
work fine changing channels for me with the HDPVR and then stopped
producing similar errors to those mentioned here.    Eventually i
tried to figure out where the issue happened but at the end of the day
upgrading the firmware fixed the problem.  Note upgrading to the
latest firmware may cause colorspace issues for you if you are not
running a 3.3 or higher kernel.   The ticket documenting my issue is
at: http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10741#  may be worth a try.
Obviously at some point mythtv (or certainly could be a kernel driver
issue as over time that was also upgraded ) stopped working well with
livetv and it for me but the firmware definitely fixed it.

~mitch