[mythtv-users] Ubuntu/Mythbuntu update problem

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Sun May 20 20:50:09 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Damian <myth at surr.co.uk> wrote:
> On 20/05/2012 21:16, Igor Cicimov wrote:
>>
>> Didnt you say its a new database? Do you think mysql comes with myth
>> user by default?
>

> Hi Igor,
>
> I've installed the Mythbuntu OS, so with the whole system based around
> MythTV, yes I had assumed that everything would be set up by default.
>
> If I'm mistaken, can you enlighten me?
>

> Damian

The default root password for mysql on a Ubuntu system is the same
password you used during installation.

I recommend using the provided utility to backup and restore the database.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore

Since we're past that, did you try inserting the database using the
root user? You dropped the mythconverg database, so it sound like it
removed any permissions you would have with the mythtv user on it.
Since the mythtv user likely doesn't have permission to create a new
database you will need to either create one and give the mythtv user
permission, or use root to restore the database (and then give the
mythtv user access again)

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos