[mythtv-users] 0.26 vs 0.25+fixes

Pieter De Wit pieter at insync.za.net
Sun May 20 17:41:34 UTC 2012

On 21/05/2012 00:01, Scott & Nicole Harris wrote:
>>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10490
>>>
>>> I didn't notice that it was "fixed" I will log a new one since this
>>> is (was
>>> on the previous patch) still on going. I only updated today and havn't
>>> checked yet :)
>
>> Please test with the latest version before logging a new bug.
>
>> AFAIK, this bug is fixed and it's now working very well.
>
>> Haven't had the problems since that last commit
>
> I wouldn't exactly call it "fixed".  While it is true is no longer
> freezes and crashes back to the main window with the "buffer failed
> too many times" error message, it now freezes for ~5 - 15 seconds
> before resuming playback with the next program.  It's a bit odd
> because immediately after the first indication of a patch, my live TV
> transitions were nearly perfect, however a few versions later I'm back
> to the ~5 - 15 second pauses.
>
> I have also noticed that after a live TV program transition, the
> "position" time no longer works.  It will show xx : xx (i.e. 10:23 :
> 10:23) and if you pause, skip back, etc it will always remain "sync'd"
> instead of showing the your proper position in relation to total time.
Hi,

I have also noticed the "time thing", but that doesn't bug me as much as
the following:

* Program transition
* The tuners issue and the window that pop's up asking to record a program

I can re-confirm the bug is still there (laggy transition)

(How about the original question, any ideas guys ? :) )

Cheers,

Pieter