[mythtv-users] Request for sticky topic – low power consumption contest

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat May 19 13:28:23 UTC 2012

> Since this seems to be key topic I was wondering if you
> could set up a sticky topic - as a conquest – listing the
> boxes with the lowest power consumption first.
> The idle, off, normal playback (1080p) and full load power
> consumptions should be listed.

I believe that accurately measuring this is out of the scope of most
users since they do not have $1000+ setups to get accurate power usage
readings. It has been shown on quite a few review sites that "Kill A
Watt" meters are not accurate enough to measure this. Also Full load
and Idle do not show the total picture as i3 systems (depending on the
work load) can be more energy efficient than Atom systems since i3s
get the same amount of work done much faster and thus return to idle
much faster.

John