[mythtv-users] 0.25-fixes mythmusic "TagLib: Could not open file"

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Fri May 18 22:35:22 UTC 2012

On 18/05/12 20:41, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I haven't been able to reproduce this with the few flac files I have. I
>>> did spot an error in the way we tested if a id3 tag was available in
>>> flac files which is the likely culprit. There was also a bug in the way
>>> the tracks filename was being stored in the DB which was only confusing
>>> the situation. Both are now fixed in my fork. I also added a button on
>>> the general settings page to clear the music metadata tables and one to
>>> show the file browser to help find the music directory.
>>>
>>> Paul H.
>> I can send you a couple of mine if it's of any help?
>> as well, MythMusic in 0.24 worked fine with the files, if that is of any help
> I saw you provided a patch for this, going to wait for mythbuntu to
> update their daily build and I can verify it's working for me.
>
> thanks!

TBH I still haven't been able to reproduce the problem with master even
with the 3 sample files you provided. I did spot some bugs while looking
at the code though. Stuart committed one of the fixes but missed another
important one in
https://github.com/paul-h/mythtv/commit/6373313d0c9f0ee5ce2f7d71d2ed2fbaba901cfb.
I also wonder if  http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10721 may be
affecting you as well if you have a lot of flac files.

Paul H.