[mythtv-users] Anyone ever used HVR-1800 card?

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Fri May 18 21:14:48 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa
<ildefonso.camargo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yup, I even tried to connect both of them, unplugging my PVR-150, and
> connecting both cables to the HVR-1800 (it has a third connector
> labeled as FM, I even tried to move a cable there, just in case): no
> luck..... on a side note, the 27MHz crystal this card has looks a
> little smashed (likely during shipping, but hard to tell), I don't
> know if that 27MHz crystal is part of the analog tuner circuit or
> what.

I would have to look at the schematic to see if the 27 MHz xtal is
required for analog.  It's highly likely that it is though since if I
recall the ITU-656 bus servicing the video decoder runs as 27 MHz.

If it doesn't work under Windows, then you likely have a bad board and
should get it replaced.  I bought one on Ebay for $20 a couple of
weeks ago, but it doesn't include the A/V inputs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hauppauge-WinTV-HVR-1800-HDTV-Tuner-Capture-Card-PCI-e-/400295492930?pt=US_Video_Capture_TV_Tuner_Cards&hash=item5d33787d42

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs