[mythtv-users] Live TV issues with 0.25 and HD-PVR

David Day david.scott.day at gmail.com
Fri May 18 16:24:36 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Devin Heitmueller <
dheitmueller at kernellabs.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Gerald Brandt <gbr at majentis.com> wrote:
> > I wish I never moved up to .25.  LiveTV on my HDPVR's is 100% failure
> for me (1080i).  I'm hoping to test 720p, but it'll be awhile.
>
> Out of curiosity, did you upgrade *just* MythTV, or did you also
> upgrade your entire Linux distribution including the kernel?
>
> I'm just trying to understand whether the perceived regression is
> entirely Myth, or whether driver updates could be contributing.
>
> Devin
>
> --
> Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
> http://www.kernellabs.com

I had a similar, very frustrating experience on upgrade to 0.25-fixes with
both an HR-1600 and an HDHR3-US.

I too gave serious consideration to down grading back to 0.24 for all the
reasons you mentioned and was very confused by some posters saying 0.25 was
great for livetv and others saying it sucked.

Then I completely reinstalled my inputs (HR-1600 and HDHR3-US) and that
immediately fixed the problem.  Now 0.25 is the best live tv experience
with Myth we have ever had.

So if you have not already done so, completely remove (Delete All Cards)
your HDPVR and reinstall from scratch.

I hope you have the same good results I have had.

Cheers,
Dave

PS:  The HDHR3-US was a new purchase from Woot for $75 US.  (Thanks to the
OP for that tip!).  And I see now what a difference new technology can
make.  The HDHR is better all around (more sensitive, fast at channel
changes etc).Myth is a much more enjoyable experience now.  The purchase of
the HDHR was that caused me to reinstall all the TV capture devices.