[mythtv-users] 0.25 not autodiscoving mount point for bluray discs

kenkyee at yahoo.com kenkyee at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 14:18:07 UTC 2012

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> MythTV needs to know where you bluray disk is mounted, if
> you can't provide a static path to that mounted disk, that doesn't
> change with every new disk: that's your issue.

ok even if I had that solution (fix the OS so that it mounts to a fixed location), I submit that the Alternate Player option in the Disc player options should apply to *both* DVD and Bluray.  Are you saying it's not?  I'm specifically wondering if I should add it as a bug to the MythTV bug wiki page...

> you could achieve this quite easily with udev rules..

Pointer to how you can easily do this?  Or a copy of your udev rule to do this since you seem to have gotten it working already?
From what I could dig up, udev won't send events when a node is mounted.
  http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/yWJfLHszrot0rMzRELTp
Node = Bluray is automounted by OS to /media/<volume_label> AFAIK

thanks,

 ken