[mythtv-users] mythshutdown -l in 0.25

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Thu May 17 12:52:11 UTC 2012

On 17/05/2012 12:34, Tom Flair wrote:
> Consistency wins, in my book.  If the preferred method for passing
> arguments is to use the long-form (--lock vs -l), and this is being done
> across the board, I'm for it.

Thanks for the reply. There isn't a move to long forms in general, so
for example -u still works for --unlock, -s still works for --status, -w
still works for --setwaketime. It's only -l that no longer works for --lock.

The dev's consistency argument is that -l means --logfile, which no
longer is accepted as an argument to myth apps. My counter-argument is
that -l never meant --logfile *in mythshutdown* - it was only that for
other apps like mythbackend, mythfrontend. Stopping -l meaning --lock in
mythshutdown due to a change in other apps like mythbackend,
mythfrontend etc. seems illogical to me.

Any other thoughts?

Cheers,

John

--