[mythtv-users] Problematic Mythtv Name Guessing for Videos

Richard Thomas rich at dicksonlife.com
Thu May 17 03:00:10 UTC 2012

So for a while now, MythTV has been "renaming" videos in the "My Videos
section". Mostly it's been correct, occasionally it's been problematic,
affecting the order and numbering of shows (or mangling the date) but
tonight it pulled a real corker.

I have a directory with several episodes of a British Horror-Drama.
MythTV has chosen to name one of them "Please Make me a Lesbian" and
supplied a video thumbnail to match. Now, I have a sense of humor about
such things and I'm guessing that some joker has managed to "poison"
whatever database MythTV uses to do what is presumably supposed to be a
clever title-and-thumbnail producing mechanism. But this kind of thing
could end up reflecting pretty badly on the whole project. I suggest
someone get it fixed. In the meantime, can someone explain how to switch
this marginal process off?

Thanks

Rich