[mythtv-users] How do I stop mythtv 0.25 from putting bad xmlids on my channels. Change freqid?

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Wed May 16 04:48:50 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:35:12AM -0400, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> In mythtv-setup, in the channel editor, after scanning in your channels,
> manually set the correct XMLTV ID.  If one is already set,
> mythfilldatabase wont try to automatically decide one on its own.

So, I'm even more confused now.

I changed my 63.54 channel on hdhomerun to give it an xmlid of 99999 (that
was days ago). I re-ran mythfilldatabase, and myth-backend still thinks that
the channel has comedy central stuff:

Upcoming recordings shows:

                 The Daily Show     63.54 -
     hdhomerun-1 With Jon Stewart   KBS World

What's more interesting is that
http://mythtv/mythweb/tv/list
shows a mix of 'NO DATA' and 'daily show' (see screenshot).

Did I get some kind of database bug where there is some stale data that isn't
being removed?

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:05:18AM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/11/2012 12:50 AM, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> >On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:35:12AM -0400, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> >>In mythtv-setup, in the channel editor, after scanning in your channels,
> >>manually set the correct XMLTV ID.  If one is already set,
> >>mythfilldatabase wont try to automatically decide one on its own.
> >I see, so where it is a channel for which I don't have an xmlid, I should
> >put 1 instead of deleting the data.
>
> Yes, xmltvid is just an identifier for the XMLTV (or Schedules Direct)
> channel whose listings data should be applied to this (MythTV) channel.

Right. I ended up putting 99999 as an xmlid in subchannels that are
mistakenly being identified as other channels (and for which I don't have
guide data).

> mythfilldatabase always tries to update xmltvid if it has unused
> channels in the Schedules Direct lineup and you have MythTV channels
> without xmltvids.  Therefore, set some value that won't ever be used by

Is it fair to file a bug to not have it do this on subchannels?
63.54 != 63. Matching 63.54 with an xmlid of 63 from SD can never be good.

> Schedules Direct for channels without listings data.  (This is
> especially important for people who can't remove the "extra" channels
> from their lineups because they're using the same lineup for multiple
> MythTV Video Sources.)

Yep, I am :)

Mmmh, but I still don't know why my DB has incorrect data despite my xmlid
being set to 99999 for the bad channels.

Any clue?

Thanks,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....