[mythtv-users] Systemd File For MythTV on Fedora Questions

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue May 15 21:50:33 UTC 2012

On 05/15/2012 09:00 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Just a reminder... You don't need a PID file if you run Type=simple...
> It really is easier!
>
> Richard

Yes! Thanks for that Richard. I presume I was using contradictory
settings when I last played around with it. Likely the existence of
--daemon with or without the pidfile.

Your settings: Simple, use Environment, no daemon and no pidfile works
fine. AND it starts faster than the forking method. This is still with a
pre-start.sh and with everything pointing to /var/log/mythtv.

(And the 'test setup' on the desktop at work *proves its utility yet
again*!!!)

Geoff