[mythtv-users] My HDHomerun stopped working with MythTV, but ok in Windows

Kane Tse kane.tse at gmail.com
Tue May 15 17:52:51 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Kane Tse <kane.tse at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The motherboard's on board Gigabit ethernet adapter was a Realtek, the
>> add-in PCI ethernet card now dedicated to the HDhomerun was a Linksys
>> (using the 'tulip' driver).  So to a certain extent, the scenario you
>> present is certainly a possibility.
>
> Was there anything else "exotic" about your configuration?  For
> example, did you have jumbo frames enabled or something like that?

It was a fairly straight-forward Fedora 16 installation, except that
this Linux backend has a static IP address assigned, unlike the rest
of the network (dhcp with MAC-based IP assignments from the router).
It was the same network set-up under the previous Fedora
15/MythTV-0.24 installation as well, which worked fine until about
March 2012.

Although it would be ideal to get everything on the same network (so I
can occasionally access the HDhomerun from my Windows desktops or
relocate the HDhomerun in the future), I'm very satisfied with the
current dedicated HDhomerun network.  It's light-years better than the
nearly unwatchable recordings it's been making for the past month.