[mythtv-users] My HDHomerun stopped working with MythTV, but ok in Windows

Kane Tse kane.tse at gmail.com
Tue May 15 17:07:16 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Kane Tse <kane.tse at gmail.com> wrote:

> After an evening of watching, seems like the signal in MythTV is still
> blocky (every 3-5 seconds), but at least it is watchable.  I noticed a
> significant degradation in the HDHomreun recording when I think the
> HD-PVR started a recording different show halfway... however, will
> need to perform more testing to confirm.
>
> This is so odd because my setup has been smooth for many months now.

Just wanted to follow up on this thread.  After a fresh installation
of Fedora 16 with MythTV-0.25, the problem persisted.  I put in an old
100Mbps PCI ethernet card and put the HDHomerun onto its own dedicated
network using dhcpd.  The problems have completely vanished.  Although
I don't see any signs of failure on the motherboard's on-board Gigabit
ethernet adapter, clearly, the problem was a network-related issue.